Instructions for Data Collection Project
Project Objective: Assess a clinical situation or subject of observation, five consecutive times. Describe the circumstances and reasons why data was collected. Interpret the data collected. Summarize findings. Recommend improvements. All information is to be presented in a PPP. Speaking Rubric will be used.
Instructions: The students will collect two or more data types, five consecutive times, on health-related observations.
The data must answer the following questions:
· Why is the data being collected? What data do you want to display and Why?
· You can provide a reason why you decided that collecting this information was important. One phrase or two.
· Explain the time frame and the details on your columns and why you determined that what you collected was important.
· Explain your findings. Explain your recommendations, if any, or plan for process improvement.
The data must meet the following criteria:
• Must be clinical data.
• Must be collected 5 consecutive times.
• Must not exceed 4 columns (data types) in Excel.
• Must follow instructions.
• Must include references on final page of Recommendations.
No more than 4 slides.
To determine the trend of Coronavirus infections in the selected counties. The number of cases were displayed in Males and Females; selected or observed data trends in Sarasota, Charlotte, DeSoto, Lee and Polk Counties displayed in Males and Females.
This information is important for Florida Department of Health to intensify the fight against Covid-19 pandemic.
The data was collected from cases announced since the first case in Florida was reported on March 1 until June 12 2020.
The number of new cases continue to increase in the Counties. There is need for increased surveillance and prevention of community spread.